By Elizabeth Dubos
Disclaimer: This blog post is not sponsored and these recommendations are my own. Additionally, I have not tried all of these products.
It’s officially the season of love, romance, and heart-shaped everything. Every time you visit the drugstore or major retailer, it’s overflowing with chocolate boxes and giant pink stuffed animals. Has the book lover in your life not requested chocolates, flowers, or giant stuffed teddy bears? Instead they stated they would like a more intimate and unique gift. It’s okay to be perplexed because you’re venturing outside the Valentine’s Day gift norm. You may be thinking, “they love books, why not more?” Books would make excellent gifts, but unless you truly know what kind of book they want; you would have to ask, and you would risk taking out the surprise of your Valentine’s Day gift. Here is a list of recommendations for bookish themed gifts that you can purchase for them for Valentine’s Day.
1. A literary themed candle. Frost Beard Studio: Their soy candles come in different scents, colors, themes, and genres. The candles range from $6.00 – $18.00. If you’ve never shopped with them before you can sign up and receive a 10% coupon off your first order.
2. Bookish themed earrings. Maybe your book lover already has too many necklaces and you’d like to get them something different. Why not try these stack of books earrings from the Literary Gift Company? They’re lightweight and beautiful!
3. A literary themed case for their Kindle e-reader. Does your book lover prefer to read with a Kindle e-Reader? Why not spice it up and protect it with a book themed case? I like the bookshelf-library theme one because it will fit a Kindle Paperwhite and its water safe too! Plus, it’s available on Amazon Prime, so it’s a great option for Valentine’s Day procrastinators.
4. A Valentine’s Day literary subscription box. Fairy Loot is the #1 fantasy book subscription box. You can select a 3- or 6-month subscription or a single purchase box. The Fairy Loot boxes include 1 hardcover book and 5-6 unique bookish themed goodies. https://www.fairyloot.com/subscription/
*I personally get the Fairy Loot subscription, so I can attest that the products are high quality, unique, and excellent.
5. Bookish themed socks. Keep your book lover’s feet warm and comfy. Out of Print: This company offers socks for all types of bookworms. They feature Harry Potter, Star Wars, typewriter, cats, classics, library cards, and more!
6. Bookish themed bath bombs. Bath bombs are excellent if your bookworm is stressed and you want to help them relax. Head on over to Etsy because they have custom literary themed bath bombs.
7. A literary themed tote bag. Bookworms will always be carrying books around whether they’re traveling or coming home from the bookstore or library. A literary themed tote bag will make it easier for them to transport the books. Here is a link to tote bag options that you can purchase online or in stores from Barnes & Noble:
8. DIY a romantic bookmark. Who says you have to buy them a gift; why not make one yourself? Bookmarks are excellent gifts to make because it offers the ability to be romantic and creative. Why not print out a favorite picture of you two and make it into a bookmark? Also, you can print out a template online and color it. I would recommend checking out Canva because they have creative options for you to easily customize for Valentine’s Day.
Edited by Emily Chance