By Kristina Drendel
If you know anything about the world of video games, you’ve probably heard a lot of discussion about Animal Crossing: New Horizons lately. The game has been the number one best-selling overall game on the charts for weeks now and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. People of all ages have grown to love the series for its colorful animal characters and overall wholesome content. This addition allows players the freedom to create their own island and customize it with buildings, decorations, and different DIY crafts. Players choose the layout of their island and are given different options to make the island their own. Players also get to help animal villagers with tasks including where certain buildings and features should be located. The game is very open-world and even though the end task is to achieve a 5-star rated island, there are myriad ways to accomplish this. Although this is my first time playing any Animal Crossing game, I can already say that I love it. So, I figured why not create a humorous post ranking the villagers I adore and my thoughts on the ones I’m not a fan of on my personal island.
6. Ken: I’m an actor myself so you may have thought I would have a soft spot for Ken. This could not be more wrong. Ken is the embodiment of many of the actors I could not stand to work with. He is the newest addition to my island and yet he believes everyone should worship the ground he walks on. He claims he is elite, but I’m onto you Ken.
5. Rhonda: Rhonda is by far my most reserved villager, but she’s still a cutie. She doesn’t come out of her house often, but when I have had the chance to interact with her, my experience has been positive. I think once I get to know her a little better, she could rank higher on my list. She is also the only villager who I have heard sing and having my character perform a duet with my ocarina (a small, flute-like instrument) just melted my heart.
4. Wendy: Wendy has the best outfit choices of all my villagers. She is extremely adorable, and I love my character’s talks with her. However, sometimes when I go to her house, she hints that she has some “incriminating” things hidden so I feel like she can’t be higher up on my list. I don’t want to believe this adorable sheep is a serial killer, but I also can’t say for sure that she isn’t.
3. Ozzie: Ozzie has a special place in my heart. None of the animal’s ages are specified but based on his behaviors and mannerisms, Ozzie seems to be fairly young. I love watching him pretend to be an airplane when he runs across my plaza. Unfortunately, he has started arguments with other villagers which lowers his score a bit.
2. Mira: Mira was one of my first villagers and although I wasn’t sure of her at the start, she is now one of my favorites. Every time I give her a gift, I always see her use it or wear it right after. She was shy and a bit blunt at first, but it’s pretty clear that she has warmed up to me now. Her design also makes her look like a superhero, which is also pretty amazing.
1. Boots: My other starter villager who stole my heart right from the spot. His spots make him incredibly cute and he is an alligator, which I think is extremely unique. He also calls my character, Munchie, which is just adorable! He is always so gracious when I give him gifts and he frequently gifts me items in return. A true 10 out of 10 character.
Edited by Megan Lilly