By Elizabeth Dubos
Recently, I been through numerous unplanned, stressful situations and started to notice that it was taking a toll on my overall sleep. I wasn’t sleeping, eating, and I started to feel sick. The stress started to compromise my immune system and I was stuck with a fierce cold for two unfortunate weeks. During my sick time, I decided to put research more about stress management because I am not a person that can de-stress by one simply saying, “chill out” or “calm down.” During my research, I stumbled across a Mayo Clinic healthy lifestyle article about stress management. The article was titled, “Stress relief from laughter? It’s no joke,” The article listed the short- and long-term benefits from laughter to relieve stress. According to the article a short-term benefit would be to stimulate your organs to release endorphins. A long-term effect would be to improve your immune system. The Mayo Clinic Staff stated, “Negative thoughts manifest into chemical reactions that can affect your body by bringing more stress into your system and decreasing your immunity. By contrast, positive thoughts can actually release neuropeptides that help fight stress and potentially more-serious illnesses.” After reading this article, I decided to give laughter as a stress management tool a shot. This lead me on a journey to find jokes that made me laugh. I ended up printing up some jokes and placed them around the house. Every time I saw and read one, it made me giggle. Here is a list of my top ten favorite jokes. If you want to read more about the benefits of laughter as a stress relief tool, I will leave a link below. Maybe laughter could be a stress management tool for you too?
Mayo Clinic Laughter Article Link: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/stress-relief/art-20044456
1. Question: What bow can’t be tied? Answer: A rainbow!
2. Question: What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire? Answer: Frostbite!
3. Question: Why couldn’t Dracula’s wife get to sleep? Answer: Because of his coffin.
4. Question: What kind of cereal do they serve at Hogwarts? Answer: Hufflepuffs!
5. Question: Why did the Death Eaters cross the road? Answer: The Dark Lord ordered it.
6. Question: What kind of vehicles do Disney characters drive? Answer: Minnie vans.
7. Question: Why do people go to Disneyland? Answer: So, they can get Goofy!
8. Question: What does Mickey Mouse use to browse the web? Answer: An iPad Minnie!
9. Question: What was Grumpy’s favorite fruit? Answer: Sour grapes.
10. Question: What do you call a low-fat Pokémon? Answer: Butterfree.
Here is a link to where I found the jokes: https://www.quickfunnyjokes.com
Edited by: Emily Chance