By Elizabeth Dubos
The holidays are right around the corner. This can be nerve-racking for people because they worry about friend and family gatherings around the dinner table. Dinner table conversations can ignite anxiety when you’re not social or worried about the direction of the conversation. In the past, people kept asking you too personal questions, or brought up unsettling topics to discuss like ineffective government, poverty, civil rights, affordable housing, or pollution. These topics matter, but are not appropriate for the holiday family dinner table. You just want to enjoy their company and your delicious meal right in front of you. Here are some conversation topics that will keep the dinner table light and airy. Plus, you might even laugh or smile.
1. What are you most thankful for this year?
2. Have you watched anything good or funny on YouTube this year? What are your YouTubers to watch?
3. Have you seen any movies this year? What was your favorite one that you saw?
4. Have you watched anything good on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. recently? Would you recommend the show?
5. What’s your favorite book that you’ve read this year? What was it about?
6. Did your favorite musicians or bands release any new music this year? What did you think?
7. If you had to select a new team of Marvel Avengers, who would you choose?
8. What three things are at the top of your bucket list?
9. Have you seen any funny memes on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter lately? What made them funny? Would you like to share?
10. Did you go on any vacations or weekend trips? Do you have any exciting stories, pictures, or videos to share with us?
11. What is your favorite season and why?
12. What do you think is your spirit animal?
13. What is your Hogwarts House or Patronus?
14. If you were a gingerbread person, how would you decorate your house? What type of food or ingredients would you use?
15. What is your favorite holiday movie?
16. What was your favorite holiday tradition growing up?
17. What is your favorite holiday food or trimming?
18. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
19. Do you have a favorite holiday outfit?
20. What is your favorite holiday memory?
21. What was the most memorable-funny gift you’ve received during the holidays?
22. Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions yet? If so, what are they? What are your plans for the new year?
Edited by Emily Chance