VIDEO BOOK REVIEW - How to Win at Willpower, 75 strategies to increase self-discipline, motivation, and success
Magoo is a prisoner in a dead body that is trapped in a nursing home. Though he cannot move a single muscle, his mind is alive and active. He witnesses glorious horrific stories. These oracles of power lay dormant in Magoo's mind because he cannot move his tongue to reveal the dark blasphemies. But Magoo is a man with a past, a warlock who took whatever was offered and stole the rest, and we all know that our pasts come back to haunt us. All in all, In The Mind Of Magoo is a book that will stay with you in more way than one.
Available in paperback and ebook format.
Author interview for your blog post available upon request.
Ranking My Animal Crossing Villagers
By Kristina Drendel
If you know anything about the world of video games, you’ve probably heard a lot of discussion about Animal Crossing: New Horizons lately. The game has been the number one best-selling overall game on the charts for weeks now and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. People of all ages have grown to love the series for its colorful animal characters and overall wholesome content. This addition allows players the freedom to create their own island and customize it with buildings, decorations, and different DIY crafts. Players choose the layout of their island and are given different options to make the island their own. Players also get to help animal villagers with tasks including where certain buildings and features should be located. The game is very open-world and even though the end task is to achieve a 5-star rated island, there are myriad ways to accomplish this. Although this is my first time playing any Animal Crossing game, I can already say that I love it. So, I figured why not create a humorous post ranking the villagers I adore and my thoughts on the ones I’m not a fan of on my personal island.
6. Ken: I’m an actor myself so you may have thought I would have a soft spot for Ken. This could not be more wrong. Ken is the embodiment of many of the actors I could not stand to work with. He is the newest addition to my island and yet he believes everyone should worship the ground he walks on. He claims he is elite, but I’m onto you Ken.
5. Rhonda: Rhonda is by far my most reserved villager, but she’s still a cutie. She doesn’t come out of her house often, but when I have had the chance to interact with her, my experience has been positive. I think once I get to know her a little better, she could rank higher on my list. She is also the only villager who I have heard sing and having my character perform a duet with my ocarina (a small, flute-like instrument) just melted my heart.
4. Wendy: Wendy has the best outfit choices of all my villagers. She is extremely adorable, and I love my character’s talks with her. However, sometimes when I go to her house, she hints that she has some “incriminating” things hidden so I feel like she can’t be higher up on my list. I don’t want to believe this adorable sheep is a serial killer, but I also can’t say for sure that she isn’t.
3. Ozzie: Ozzie has a special place in my heart. None of the animal’s ages are specified but based on his behaviors and mannerisms, Ozzie seems to be fairly young. I love watching him pretend to be an airplane when he runs across my plaza. Unfortunately, he has started arguments with other villagers which lowers his score a bit.
2. Mira: Mira was one of my first villagers and although I wasn’t sure of her at the start, she is now one of my favorites. Every time I give her a gift, I always see her use it or wear it right after. She was shy and a bit blunt at first, but it’s pretty clear that she has warmed up to me now. Her design also makes her look like a superhero, which is also pretty amazing.
1. Boots: My other starter villager who stole my heart right from the spot. His spots make him incredibly cute and he is an alligator, which I think is extremely unique. He also calls my character, Munchie, which is just adorable! He is always so gracious when I give him gifts and he frequently gifts me items in return. A true 10 out of 10 character.
Edited by Megan Lilly
VIDEO BOOK REVIEW - 5-Minute Stress Relief, 75 exercises to quiet your mind and calm your body
By Elizabeth Dubos
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and features my own thoughts and suggestions.
Crocs has a vast selection of shoes that customers can choose from; They feature clogs, sandals, slides, flats, wedges, platforms, flip-flops, and boots for men, women, and children. Crocs offers numerous colors, patterns, and designs, so customers will never get bored. If customers want to further customize their shoes, they can add Jibbitz Charms. The company’s motto is “It’s the shoes that make us different, it’s the people that make us special.”
My experience: I enjoy wearing Crocs because they’re comfortable and easy to wear. My favorite pair of Crocs are dark blue and have fleece inside which increases their comfort level. My fleece Crocs double as a pair of slippers that I wear around the house. My favorite is the Clogs style because they easily slip on and the strap comes in handy if you fold it down and need to move fast. This is useful if, for instance, it starts to pour outside, and you need to run for cover. I also wear my Crocs for leisure activities like chores around the house, walking my dog, or going the beach. If they ever get muddy or sandy you can easily wash them off and continue wearing them. I love gifting Crocs to friends and family because they’re affordable and stylish. The various color and pattern options come in handy if you ever need shoes to pair with an outfit. For example, in 2019, my mom had to work on the Fourth of July; She wanted to be festive, so she paired her uniform with her red, white, and blue Crocs.
Here is a list of reasons of why you should consider buying a pair of crocs.
1. Comfort. Crocs are not a designated type of shoe and their comfortability allows them to be worn throughout the year by anyone. They can be worn in the workplace, school, to the beach, or even for special occasions. My cousin walked down the aisle in white Crocs and danced all night in a glittery pair. The company is dedicated towards achieving comfort for all its customers.
2. Pricing. If you go on the Crocs website and the pricing unnerves you then head over to the sales section. During the holiday season, Crocs offers excellent promotional deals. If you cannot wait until the holidays, then I highly recommend checking out Amazon. I’ve saved a lot of money on Crocs and saved time on shipping with Amazon Prime.
3. Stand Up and Stand Out Campaign. This campaign was a response to the public opinion that “Crocs aren’t cool.” The campaign’s proclamation was, “Be comfortable in your own shoes. Get inspired by our cast and make any Crocs style your own.” Their cast included entertainer Zooey Deschanel, and actor and activist Priyanka Chopra Jonas.
4. Crocs at Work. If you go onto the Crocs website and open up the navigation section, you can shop for shoes based on your professional needs. The collection includes slip-resistant, standing for long periods, hospitality, restaurant workers, chef, and nursing shoes.
5. Crocs Donation. If you’re a healthcare worker on the frontlines battling COVID-19, Crocs has you covered! They’re currently donating a free pair of shoes with free shipping, so healthcare professionals have easy to clean and comfortable shoes to continue their hard work. https://www.crocs.com/COVID19-REQUEST.html
Edited by Kristina Drendel
MIGRAINE TIPS by Elizabeth Dubos
By Elizabeth Dubos
Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and these tips have not been scientifically proved/disproved. I have been experiencing migraines for eight years, due to severe head/brain trauma, and these are my own thoughts and tips for what worked for me.
Do you or someone you know suffer from migraines? Did you know there is a difference between a headache and migraine? It’s important to know the differences because it effects how you treat it and how you treat someone suffering with either one. Headaches cause discomforting pressure and aching in your head. The main triggers for headaches include stress, muscle strain, and anxiety. Headaches occur in your forehead, temples, and back of the neck. They can last 30 minutes or up to a week. A migraine headache is accompanied with nausea, pain behind one ear or eye, sensitivity to light and sound, temporary vision loss, seeing spots or flashing lights, and vomiting. Migraines cause severe throbbing head pain and make daily life tasks impossible. Here is a list of tips and suggestions to help prevent, nurse or relieve a migraine.
1. Hydrate. You can easily become dehydrated during a migraine due to vomiting. Try to drink at least 64 oz. of water because it will help replenish your body’s water and electrolytes. If you have trouble drinking water, add a lemon or cucumber slice to enhance the flavor. If you don’t want to make multiple trips to get water, try to obtain a large water bottle that can fill 40+ oz. of water, so you can leave it on your nightstand.
2. Ice towel. Pick out a medium sized bathroom towel, soak it in water, and put in the freezer. When it’s ice cold, wrap your head inside the towel. This is will ensure that all parts of your head and neck will cool down instead of wasting tiny drugstore ice packs.
3. Eat soft foods. When you’re not vomiting, it’s important to maintain nutrition to avoid prolonging the time of your migraine. Try not to chew too much because it will make overwork your jaw, thus making your migraine worse. My soft food recommendations would be plain pasta, mashed potatoes, applesauce, peanut butter, scrambled eggs, bananas, or soup.
4. Foam roller. A foam roller helps to alleviate tension because it breaks up tight muscles and knots that have formed together. Additionally, when you’re in pain there is toxic blood trying to escape your body; A foam roller help by increasing blood circulation to help remove the toxicity. You can purchase an affordable foam roller from Amazon and have it delivered to your house. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=foam+roller&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
5. Journal. It’s important to know you’re triggers to help avoid future migraines. Jot down everything that causes a migraine. It might be certain sounds, smells, tastes, or activities. Plus, you might want to track your symptoms before you experience a migraine, so you can learn if you’re about to get one. If you learn you’re about to get one then, you can modify that activity to lessen the pain or prevent a migraine.
6. Blackout curtains. When you’ve got a migraine, it feels like light could burn out your eyes. Laying out in a dark, quiet room is an excellent way to nurse a migraine. That’s why I highly recommend blackout curtains, because it will drastically reduce the amount of light into the room. Blackout curtains come in various sizes, colors, and patterns, so you can have fun selecting a design. Amazon features numerous sizes and colors at your disposal and can be delivered right to your door. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=blackout+curtains&crid=1J6MZUHRQTSUS&sprefix=blackout+cur%2Caps%2C175&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_12
7. TENS unit. A transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) unit is a battery-operated device that delivers electrical impulses through adhesive pads to increase blood flow in the nervous system. Also, the electrical impulses will stimulate the body to produce endorphins. If your migraine is stemming from neck pain, then you would place the adhesive pads on your neck. You can purchase an affordable TENS unit on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/TENS-7000-Digital-Unit-Accessories/dp/B00NCRE4GO/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1KB4V4ZYW32GX&dchild=1&keywords=tens+unit&qid=1586789725&sprefix=tens%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-5
8. Daith piercing. A daith piercing is a piercing on the innermost cartilage fold of your ear. There is no scientific research to support this treatment. However, there is a connection between acupuncture and daith piercings. The daith piercing activates pressure points as would an acupuncture needle in the ear to help relieve symptoms.
9. Decrease your stress. Stress is a huge contributor to migraines because it causes your hormones to go up and down. You might try yoga, meditation, exercising more, and ensuring you get enough sleep. Maybe journal when you’re stressed, so you can identify your stress triggers as well as your migraine triggers.
10. See a neurologist. If you’re experiencing debilitating migraines and having trouble functioning in your everyday life, it’s time to see a neurologist. A neurologist will perform diagnostic testing to help determine the cause and severity. This may include a blood test, EEG (electroencephalogram), CT (computed tomography), or an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). After the testing is completed, a neurologist will be able to give you a diagnosis and medical suggestions for relief. Depending on your diagnosis, your neurologist may recommend medication, Botox injections, or surgery.
Edited by Emily Chance
Anna Marie Island, by Megan Lilly
Anna Maria Island
Spring break is just about here. A time for relaxation and (hopefully) enjoyment of warmer temperatures needed from the cold Midwest winters. This is a time of year when many families travel south to destinations boasting of palm trees and sandy beaches. It is often hard to find a location not flooded with tourists and beachgoers. My family and I were lucky enough to have stumbled upon Anna Maria Island, Florida, a few years ago. Anna Maria is a sleepy island about an hour southwest of Tampa. Three cities: Bradenton Beach, Holmes Beach, and Anna Maria make up the totality of this 7-mile island. You can go from the tip at Bradenton Beach all the way down the length of the island to the Anna Maria pier in a single day by bicycle.
What is the best part about it? It has not been commercialized or lost its character to tourist-centered establishments. Local restaurants and shops line the main streets, all boasting bright colors of paint with enticing window displays. Outdoor markets showcase unique artwork created from natural materials of the area that give the feeling of permanently being on the beach. It is almost as if this island was created for outdoor living. Given the 75-degree temperatures, the proximity to the beach, and the ease of bike travel, it is impossible to not want to be outside. With all that being said, here are my top ten must-do things on the island.
Edited by Kristina Drendel